Over the past 16 years of my working life, there is always an “insecure force” push me to learn all sorts of technical knowledge dilligently, it always tells me “You are neither talented nor fast-learner like others, you better learn as much as you can so that you are not left behind!”
Thus, I worked hard to fulfil most users’ request, and learned via solving their problems. If there are some days when no user contacts me, I can’t just relax and wait for one to come; instead, I will explore something new to expand my expertise.
Recently, some incidents happen to “remind” me of my poor in delivering messages; my writing skill is getting worse. One day, a message came into my mind, “Let’s spend more time document your efforts this year“
I decided to start writing my working experience in my safe castle. I wish to express my thoughts in a systematic way where everyone will get my meaning when they read my articles.
It’s kind of journal recording, SAY WHAT YOU DO!!
This is my first Figma homework.
I have learnt to
- Add Text
- Add Rectangle
- Change Rectangle to Curve shape (Double click rectangle -> select “Pen” -> click the midpoint of edge -> press “Esc” key -> click & drag the midpoint down, select “bending tool”, click at the midpoint, turning up/down the line)
- Change Rectangle color
- Add SVG image
- Ctrl+D to duplicate the layout & rectangle
- Add Prototyping
- Subtraction Group to cut off overedge rectangle area
Refer to the link Figma Tutorial
Figma Design System is a Free UI Design and Prototype Tool. The Youtuber explains on:
- Design tools to create mobile app screen layout
- Navigations / Screen Transitions / Workflow via Protytype feature; experience how your actual app will work later
- Team members can comment (on specific UI e.g.) and comment can be viewed by all project team
This video also introduces Material website, icon/component resources for UI design